|The Fetter General Store was originally built on Main Street in Boston, Clermont County, Ohio. Boston is now known as Owensville. It was erected shortly after the Civil War, about 1866, and was purchased by John C. Fetter in the late 1870's.|
The structure was acquired by the Heritage Village Museum in 1983. The exterior was in poor condition and was endangered by deterioration. Since then, it has been restored and is currently used for interpretation and education programs.